Bidvertiser

Monday, July 11, 2011

Coding

So i started learning C again, and I must say, I'm getting the flow of it again. I like the new book I'm learning out of(C for Dummies). The reasons I'm liking it is because the book keeps the learning interesting. It keeps the whole learning to a nice, informal tone which doesn't add too much pressure while you're learning. It does a really good job at keeping you interested through various ways, like cracking a joke here and there and being written like a good friend is teaching you.

I wish that most school teachers would teach like this, keeping the work interesting and informal. I thing being taught informally with a friendly tone helps you to remember better.

Anyways, that's about it for coding. I do have other things on my mind. I'm thinking of getting back into the MMORPG world, but I don't know what's worth getting or playing. I won't play WoW because I've been there, and kinda got over it. I had my eye on FF14, but I'm still waiting for them to fix it up properly before I buy it. I'm watching some LP's of it, and it looks a LOT better than it used to be, but I'll still wait.

What MMORPG's do you guys recommend?

Keep on LaGing!

Baka

9 comments:

  1. Well you could wait for Guild wars 2 to come out.. Age of Conan is f2p now... lots of choices but then again lots are WoW/Everquest clones

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes finally i read great post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck man. No recommendations, haven't played anything in awhile

    ReplyDelete
  4. once you know the basics, i think trying to code something you want/need is the most fun and exciting way to learn :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. dude. your brain has to work a special way to be a coder. I can see maybe doing it as a light hobby, but as a profession? thats just crazy! Wish you luck if thats what your going for.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd recommend waiting for Terra or the Old Republic ;>

    ReplyDelete
  7. Honestly, WoW or bust. It's the only one willing to invest millions to keep the quality up.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Damn, I miss my Java lessons :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're right. A lot of potential motivation is lost with formality.

    ReplyDelete