Bidvertiser

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Final Fantasy VII (helping me study!)

Hey again fellow LaGers! I trust you all enjoyed your Valentine's Day as much as I? Time for a new post and a semi-review about one of my most favourite games of all times.

Yes, as you ready from the post heading, i need to study for a test tomorrow. English language to be exact. It sucks, i know, but it gives me time to game and what not. Well, I generally game when i have an english test because, well, you can't study for it. You can only know the list of rules and what not. But what you can do is practice those rules and read. Final Fantasy and blogging does just that.

Final Fantasy is the perfect way to practice or read for an english test. This series of literary masterpieces are a joy to play for the gameplay, story, graphics, and well, just to pass the time. Now, i can't say that the Final Fantasy I'm going to play now has the shiniest graphics, but it's writing and story telling is just pure genius. From today's standards, the graphics look like shit, but back in the day I can say it was pretty impressive. It's cutscenes and fighting scenes were amazing for a game of it's time, and i believe that Final Fantasy's 7th installment has set the benchmark for Square to always better themselves. I can't really say that for Final Fantasy XIII's linearity, nor can i for Final Fantasy XIV's issues, but i believe they'll pull back the glory with the release of Final Fantasy verses XIII.

Back to the topic of helping me with my test. Reading the amazing dialogue and story helps me in many ways for studying. For instance, reading a book would help out with language use and spelling. Might as well have fun while doing it and read a story that's always amazing, no matter how many time's you read it. Final Fantasy VII has the story that makes me want to write a fantasy novel of my own. To be completely honest, I draw all my inspiration for my stories from games. In most cases, the Final Fantasy series (7 to be most specific).

Though Final Fantasy has it's flaws (mostly due to translating), it doesn't prevent me from still learning the proper english usage. When translation errors occur, I simply test my knowledge of language and correct it in my mind, still enriching my mind. The infamous "This guy are sick" that is spoken from the mouth of Aeris comes to mind. I still find it entertaining with it's flaws and dated graphics.

Also, I think it must be said that a learned how to spell most words like "continue" and "campaign" from gaming at a young age. I'm sure all of you have learned a few spellings from gaming too. (Take that Mom) So next time your parents tell you to switch of your console and study for something, tell them you're learning to spell and reading an epic story.

Whether studying or just wanting to play a good game, Final Fantasy VII is a must-play for all gamers. It's story, gameplay and music (though somewhat dated and kinda tedious, yet it grows on you) are all amazing aspects of this game. I think most gamers agree with me that it is not only the best Final Fantasy, but one of the best games of all time. Definitely a must-play.


Baka Approval Rating (BAR): 9.9/10


Happy gaming all. Wish me luck for my test. And happy studying with your new LaG-study method.

Baka

12 comments:

  1. Good luck with your test man! was nice to read this

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely agree that you don't need the best graphics to make an amazing game, and when it comes to studying for english any reading would help, be it video games or otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beware the one winged angel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is there anything FFVII can't do?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck on your test! I've never thought about using video games to prepare for an exam, but when i think about i've learned a lot of english, just by playing video games and watching television.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've played Final Fantasy VII through like hundred times.. I just love that game!

    ReplyDelete
  7. good luck on your test bro. FFVII is literally my favorite game ever.

    ReplyDelete
  8. good luck on test ,FF 7 is one of my favorite game on the PS1
    following and supporting

    ReplyDelete
  9. thanks for the comments everyone! I'll try making all my posts as good as this one! I find that reviewing is a fun way to just do stuff, thanks a load for the support and reads guys! Keep on LaGing and playing FF7!

    Baka

    ReplyDelete